Dayan Hochman Vigil is an associate, responsible for managing litigation cases and resolving legal disputes. Day returned to New Mexico with her top-level experience in the fields of personal injury, employment litigation, business law and aviation litigation and regulatory law. Day is passionate about New Mexico’s future and dedicates her time to establishing a solid policy foundation for individuals and businesses.
Day graduated from the University Of Mexico School Of Law and then graduated from McGill University Institute of Air and Space Law. She has unique skills that reflect and meets the demands of the current market and society. She currently holds a Juris Doctor (J.D.) and a Master in Laws (LL.M.) in aviation law.
Day was born and raised in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Her father was a local doctor, rancher and small business owner outside of Glorieta, New Mexico, while her mother managed a restaurant on the Santa Fe Plaza. At an early age, Day became interested in language, political science and the arts. After graduating with a Bachelor in Arts from Colorado College, Day witnessed the social and political realities of four countries learning to speak three languages fluently and experiencing what works and doesn’t work in developing economies abroad.
- New Mexico
- Federal Court for District of New Mexico
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Treasurer
- Presbyterian Ear Institute, Joint Powers Initiative
- Colorado College Public Interest Fellow with the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado
- University of New Mexico School of Law Merit Scholar
- 2010 University of New Mexico School of Law Innocence Project Outstanding Student
- Carlos J. Vigil Scholar for Academic Achievement and Dedication to Providing Pro Bono Services to the Community
- Past President of the Board of Directors, New Mexico Women’s Bar Association
- American Bar Association National Scholar
- International Aviation Women’s Association McGill University Scholar
- American Bar Association Forum on Air & Space Law Scholar
- McGill University Nicolas M. Matte Fellow
- Past Chair, American Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division Air & Space Law Committee
- American Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division Affiliates Division Vice-Chair
- 2018-20 American Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Division Treasurer